Arugula and Roasted Beet Salad
- 2-3 fresh beets
- fresh arugula leaves
- olive or grape seed oil
- your favorite vinaigrette
- chopped and roasted nuts
- goat cheese
- Wash beets and trim ends. Place in a shallow baking dish and drizzle with olive or grape seed oil and a dash of salt if you like.
- Cover with foil and roast until tender.
- The roasting time is relative to the size of the beet, so anywhere from 25 minutes to an hour.
- Let cool until you can handle them and then slip the skins and slice.
- Arrange your fresh Arugula on a plate and top with sliced beets and drizzle with your favorite vinaigrette.
- Make it extra yummy by adding crumbled goat cheese, chopped chives, and roasted nuts.