My friend Mo travels to Alba, Italy every few years & brings me back seeds of San Marzano tomatoes & a few different peppers. She is a great gardener, as well as, an amazing cook & was willing to share the following recipes with me. Thanks Mo!
Recipe type: Main
- 1 pkg (1 lb) angel hair pasta
- 4 sauce tomatoes, chopped (San Marzano's are great)
- 1 bunch green onions, white and light green parts sliced thin
- 1 sweet pepper (Bell type, red yellow or green) chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or chopped very fine
- ½ cup torn basil leaves
- 1 c. bocconcini (the little balls of mozzarella) or fresh mozzarella chopped into ½" dice.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Start the water in a large pot and cook the pasta as the package directs.
- While the water is heating and the pasta is cooking prepare the rest of the ingredients and place into pasta bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is done put the hot pasta on top of the veggies, cover for 5 minutes, add a few tablespoons of the pasta water, toss and enjoy!