This is a super yummy salad that’s been a family favorite for years. We love Mayo, but if you don’t you could top with something else.
Layered Pea Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 head leaf lettuce
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peas (defrosted, of course)
- 2-3 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ lb bacon, fried and crumbled
- 4-5 green onions, chopped
- 2-3 boiled eggs, sliced or chopped
- This salad is really pretty layered in a glass bowl.
- Layer ingredients as follows;
- Start with a thick layer of torn lettuce leaves.
- Sprinkle a layer of peas.
- A layer of grated cheese.
- Sprinkle on some of the bacon.
- Next a mixed layer of green onions and eggs.
- You can keep going, just make sure you end with a layer of lettuce on the top.
- Cover the top with a thin layer of Mayonnaise.
- Garnish with peas, bacon and cheese.
- Best if you let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.